Well, my writer friend Kate M. Colby has nominated me for another award, this time it’s the Jolly Blogger Award. I admit, I’ve never heard of this one, so I was curious. It’s a way to spread some holiday cheer around the ‘Net, no matter your religious or secular affiliations, and a way to tell your fellow bloggers that they bring you a little happy. Like the Liebster Award Kate nominated me for earlier this month, it’s all about the rules:
- Answer the twelve questions from your nominator
- Nominate ten bloggers
- Leave twelve questions for your nominees
So away we go!
Answers to Kate’s Questions
What holiday do you celebrate this time of year?
I’m a Christmas girl. It’s my second favorite holiday (see below).
Do you like holiday songs? If so, which is your favorite?
For the more traditional carols, it’s always been the “Carol of the Bells.” However, one of my favorite groups released a Christmas album this year, and I found it via a friend’s post of Facebook. I highly recommend checking out Pentatonix’s YouTube video for “Mary, Did You Know?”; it grabbed me by the throat and I knew I’d be playing that from now on as my favorite.
What is your favorite holiday movie?
It’s a tie between “The Muppet Christmas Carol” and “The Very Merry Muppet Christmas Movie”.
What is your favorite family holiday tradition?
The candlelight service on Christmas Eve at whichever church we’re attending. This year, Mom and I will also be singing, so Dad will be stuck in the audience surrounded by strangers. The downfalls of a small family I guess!
If you could change one thing about the holiday season, what would it be?
I wish that retail stores would let us enjoy one holiday at a time instead of forcing us into HallowThanksMas three months early. I know they have a bottom line, but seriously. Christmas in July is fine, but give us a break in the interim, alright?
Do you prefer giving gifts or receiving them?
Giving, definitely. This year I chose three angels from the Angel Tree at church and it made me smile knowing I was helping make the holiday brighter for someone who wouldn’t otherwise have been able to enjoy it. I also brought in to work and gave away almost 50 pieces of pottery from both of my 2014 classes, and it was so much fun to see what people chose and the surprise and delight on their face when they asked how much and I simply told them, “Merry Christmas!”
Do you prefer snowy or sandy Decembers?
Besides December holidays, what is your favorite holiday?
Easter is my favorite holiday. I was born on Easter Sunday way back when, and so Easter lilies are my favorite flower, too.
If you could name a reindeer for Santa’s sleigh, what would you name it?
I’d name her Angelica.
What is your favorite holiday-related book?
Does my big coffee table book on “It’s A Wonderful Life” count? Good.
If you were to write a novel that took place around the holidays, what would the main idea behind it be?
Funny you should ask. My first novel (that is still in progress a decade later), The Great Boyfriend Experiment, has a middle that takes place at Thanksgiving and climaxes at Christmas. Check out the synopsis here on my blog to find out more, and also see what made the main characters’ playlists.
Do you want to build a snowman?
Yes, please! Alas, I live in Texas and while it will be chilly today, snow isn’t an option. Good thing I have a snowman on my mantle at home next to the ChrisMoose. :)
My Ten Nominees
Yep, there are repeats here from the Liebster and from Kate’s post, so you’re not seeing things. These are the blogs I read and gain support from or entertain me, so yeah, I’m duplicating. The more the merrier!
- Leanne Cole PHOTOGRAPHY
- Guilded In Black
- The Rolling Writer
- Sara C Roethle
- Dream Raven
- Kristen Lamb’s Blog
- Ruth Nestvold
- KEL Publishing
- Miramar Dichoso
- my mumblings
My Questions for my Bloggers
I know many of you may have taken a hiatus for the holidays, so don’t feel obligated to participate. If you do, though, here’s a few questions for ya.
- Do you decorate a lot or a little for the holidays?
- Do you have any totally off-the-wall family holiday traditions?
- Tell about the strangest holiday you’ve ever spent.
- What is your favorite holiday song?
- What is your favorite holiday beverage?
- If you were to dress up as a holiday-related character for a costume party, who would you be?
- Have you ever made a snow angel?
- If you could spend the holidays anywhere on earth, where would you go?
- What do you make for Christmas dinner?
- Do you steal gifts during a White Elephant exchange, or do you let them go?
- Post a picture of your best Ugly Christmas Sweater. If you don’t own one, search for one and post the one that appeals to you the most.
- In my family we made up our own holiday characters, such as The Christmas Phantom (who only brings fun presents like puzzles or games) and Sandy Claws (who gives gifts to the furry kids). Do you have any non-traditional holiday characters who make an appearance?
Alright, that’s it! Have a safe holiday everyone, and I’ll catch up with you next week.