Today was a marathon. After a full day of work, I managed to crank out almost 4,000 words in one session. I think that’s a record for me, so huzzah! I’m still a little behind, but with another two or three sessions like this one, I will once again be ahead in the count.
Since it was a pretty good day for writing, and also because I’m hungry having written straight through my usual dinner time because the story was flowing, I’ll share some thoughts on today.
- My playlist for my novel seems to be just right, although I think it needs a little more than 16 tracks so it’s a little less repetitive on shuffle.
- Hyena massacres are violent and vicious, and in the world of my story, apparently very arousing for the perpetrators. The dying bad guy managed to piss off my hero and make my heroine retch with his final “death throes.” Ewwww.
- I only have the vaguest of ideas about where my story is headed. I’m only planning it a chapter at a time, and I’m finding that to be quite liberating and exhilarating.
- Friends are the best cheerleaders, even when they themselves are having a rough day.
- “Don’t think, just write” is an excellent motto.
- T.G.T.F. aka Thank God Tomorrow’s Friday.
Until anon, my Wrimos. High word counts to you all, and remember: