Well, October’s finally here and that means it’s not that long until NaNoWriMo starts up for 2009. Here’s a list of what I would like to accomplish not only in the next 31 days but during NaNoWriMo itself:
- This Month
1. Rewrite that last chapter, the one I’m sad to say has been sitting for almost a year now (that’s another story for another day).
2. Resist buying things like a NaNoWriMo tumbler for the Starbucks cocoa I have ever winter or a NaNoWriMo t-shirt or a whole slew of other nifty things I saw on the store’s website.
3. Maintain my excellent budgeting skills (have I mentioned I was only $22 over for the month of September, and spent the least amount in a single month all year?).
4. Think positively.
5. Take inspiration from my friends, including those wonderful ladies who let me pester them with questions and replies on Facebook and Twitter. (Thank you Candy, Lara, Jessica, Anya and Alyssa!)
- Next Month aka NaNoWriMo Time
1. Keep thinking positively.
2. Keep taking inspiration from my friends and the Authorettes (okay, it’s kind of a lame name, but you have to admit, it’s catchy).
3. Participate in at least one of the local write-in events hosted by my Writers League groups, especially the final push that occurs on November 30 (which also happens to be a vacation day for me).
4. Go out into the world, perhaps to a local coffeehouse, and write, write, write. And do it more than once!
5. Get as close to that 50,000k word goal as I can without stressing, screaming or imploding.
Wow. That’s quite the list, even if I wrote it myself. I know that this year, I will accomplish what I set out to. I also know that I’ll have fun doing it! Go ME!
Until next time, my friends.